Microneedling is the process of using a device with multiple needlepoints to create tiny punctures/wounds in the skin. This then stimulates the body's natural healing response, and increases collagen production. This helps to diminish fine lines, wrinkles, scars, and even stretch marks. Best results are achieved through a series of treatments.
The Skin Renewal Center at Focus Total Health only uses Eclipse Micropen® . The Eclipse MicroPen® is a revolutionary cordless dermal micro-needling device used by skincare professionals across the globe. Eclipse MicroPen® has several advantages over previous generation anti-aging devices such as lasers and dermal needle rollers. Dermatologists and aesthetic practitioners choose the Eclipse MicroPen® for the following reasons:
- Safety First. The Eclipse MicroPen® is inherently safer than other products, such as dermal rollers. The MicroPen® delivers greater efficiency and superior clinical results while maintaining the highest level of safety for both the patient and provider. It is also safe for most skin types, which means it is a great procedure for almost everyone!
- Faster is Better. MicroPen’s high-speed motor allows for a more efficient yet timely procedure. The rapid pen motion provides a more comfortable experience that patients describe as a mild sandpaper-like sensation.
- Customized For You. Each patient has unique skin needs and requirements. The variable pen position feature allows MicroPen® professionals to customize a treatment for best clinical results.
- Consistent Results. Safety and control features lead to predictable, consistent results. Compared to lasers and dermal rollers, MicroPen® is able to deliver reliable and improved outcomes for virtually every patient.
What can I expect?
- The procedure will begin with the application of a numbing cream to ensure your comfort. This is allowed to take effect for about 15 minutes.
- Your treatment provider will then apply a serum or Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) depending on which treatment you have chosen.
- The area is treated with the Eclipse Micropen®.
- After treatment, the area will be red and raised (somewhat like a sunburn). This will decrease within the hours following treatment. By day two all redness should be gone.
- If you are prone to fever blisters/cold sores, please contact our office to discuss taking prophylactic dose of a suppressant such as Valtrex.
- For 4 days prior to treatment and 3-4 days post treatment avoid the following: chemical hair removal, electrolysis, waxing, loofah sponges, facial brushing, facial scrubs, masks, AHA, gylcolics, salicylic acids, topical retinols, and sulfa medications.
- For 4 days prior to treatment and 3-4 post treatment avoid natural or artificial sun exposure. Your skin is far more photosensitive after the treatment. It is mandatory that you apply sunscreen daily (SPF 30 or higher).
- Gentle skincare is required after treatment. Please talk to your provider about what is the right regimen for you.
Patients who should not consider microneedling: scleroderma, collagen vascular diseases, blood clotting problems, active bacterial or fungal infection, immuno-suppression. Not recommended for women who are pregnant or nursing.
|Eyes Only||Microneedling of eye area and use of additional anti-aging product during procedure (for example Hyaluronic Acid)|
|Full Face||Microneedling of the entire face with additional anti-aging product during Procedure (for example Hyaluronic Acid)|
|Acne Treatment||Microneedling of acne problem area with additional product during procedure|
|Full Face w/PRP||Microneedling of the entire face coupled with a Platelet Rich Plasma treatment
during the procedure. PRP is a therapy using your own blood with high levels of platelets containing growth factors. These growth factors promote acceleration in healing and collagen regeneration
|Platinum Package||This is the maximum benefit for you skin. Here we combine full face micro-needling, with PRP, and radio frequency skin tightening. This also includes a rejuvenating skin package containing: a facial cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen, and collagen regenerator supplement|
|Add an Area||Add another area to the micro-needling treatment such as neck or chest|
**As with all skin care treatments, we recommend that you have a consultation with our aesthetician before purchasing to be sure Micro-Needling is right for you **
Call today to schedule your FREE consultation to see if Microneedling is right for you! 830-627-7979
Save money. View our Monthly Specials here.
Get a head start on your appointment. Click here to download our forms.
Two locations to serve you. Click button to see a map.
Make your appointment online today. Click here to get started.