Why nutrition testing?
We have found that many chronic illnesses (depression, anxiety, chronic fatigue, sleep disturbances) can be helped by identifying and correcting nutritional deficiencies. We have also found that many of our patients take a wide variety of supplements. However, some patients tend to overuse supplements or do not take enough of a supplement for it to be therapeutic. This is why we use the NutrEval test by Genova and SpectraCell’s Micronutrient testing in our practice.
NutrEval® provides a framework of core nutrients in 5 key areas: Antioxidants, B Vitamins, Digestive Support, Essential Fatty Acids, Minerals, and Amino Acids.
The test result is grouped into 5 categories:
- Metabolic Analysis Profile: Metabolic Analysis assessment provides information on intestinal malabsorption & dysbiosis; cellular energy & mitochondrial metabolism; neurotransmitter metabolism; vitamin deficiencies; and toxin exposure & detoxification need.
- Amino Acids Analysis: This assesses nutritionally essential and non-essential amino acids.
- Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis: Essential and Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis provides a high level overview of the balance of various families of fatty acids in relation to each other: Omega 3, 6 and 9 Fatty Acids; Saturated Fatty Acids; and Monounsaturated Omega 7 and Trans Fats.
- Elemental Analysis: This shows intracellular nutrient status, and Toxic Elements which evaluates short-term toxic element exposure.
- Oxidative Stress: Markers of oxidative injury assess cell membrane damage, while direct measurement of glutathione and CoQ10 provide insight into antioxidant reserve available to counter free-radicals.
SpectraCell Micronutrient Testing®
SpectraCell’s Micronutrient testing also gives you information on your nutritional status for vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, and carbohydrate metabolism.
SpectraCell uses patented technology for its results that include a total antioxidant function test (SPECTROX™) which assesses the ability of cells to resist damage caused by free radicals.
Micronutrient deficiencies can also cause problems with a patient’s immune system. SpectraCell includes a special immune system response measurement called IMMUNIDEX™. Immune system response is a measure of general health.
Interested in testing your nutritional health? Concerned about whether or not you are getting the correct vitamins in the proper amounts? Call Focus Total Health at 210-305-5075 and we can get you scheduled to evaluate your nutritional status today!